From Audacity Wiki
|This is a page for James and Peter to record their wish lists for 2.3.1. This wish lists is for typically small features that are not hard to do. That's because 2.3.1 is likely to be mainly a continuation of the war on bugs.
- Overlays for all tracks, not just wave tracks.
- Proposal WAV exports to have Format Options It is hard for users to find the "non-standard" WAV exports such as 24-bit and other more obscure WAV exports
- Proposal new Zoom Toolbar: separate off the zoom controls from the Edit Toolbar - and increase zoom functionality P4 Bug #864
- Searchable Manual - this is long overdue
- Proposal: Import Appended: Import multiple audio files end-to-end in a single track
Peter's WIBN list
- ToDo: Unstick 'Stuck In a Mode' - remove the bear-traps
- P2 Bug #1355 - "Other uncompressed files" does not (visually) update target file extension according to the chosen "Header" type
- Bundling LAME
- P4 ENH 1833 - Stop in Export Multiple does not actually stop the exports
- Bug #1462 Timer Record does not check that there is sufficient space for Export
- Proposal: GUI Custom Resets for Toolbar Layouts - GUI mechanism from within Audacity to enable the user to save and restore settings for Toolbar layout
- Proposal Locking and/or Hiding Pan and Gain sliders - to avoid accidental unintended nudges
- Proposal Improvement of Transport Toolbar: clearer indication of active recording state with "glowing" red Record button
- Proposal Unitary Project: To provide a single "container" for Audacity Projects rather than the AUP file and data being separate.
- Much more bug reduction. The 20% live bugs target is more ambitious than it looks, given how many passes we have already done to close easier bugs.
- Unified splash dialog. The mess and multiple clicking is increasingly annoying me.
- Click fixing. We still have too many.
- Audio code clean up. The code is in big functions which need to be broken up into smaller more logical ones.
- Recreate export multiple using scripting, so that we have the full functionality of it in script and hence greater opportunity to adapt the pipeline adding steps on the way. In particular provide automatic naming.
- Complete the resizability of toolbars. For example we should be able to make the edit toolbar 2 units high.
James' WIBN LIst
See Category:Proposal and sort by champion.