This page is for finalising text that appears in Audacity. If you want to edit this page, you should be subscribing to Audacity-devel to properly understand how to use this page.
This is a companion list to the Release Checklist
This is a companion list to the Documentation Checklist
- Tweak all wording of built-in 'innertext:' help in file HelpText.cpp, including:
- [GA] adding some help text for export
- [GA] add text to 'inertext:recording' page about enabling monitoring.
- In inner text for unsupported file format, remove reference to FLAC being unsupported.
- [RA] Update the to distinguish between 1.3 and 1.2. In particular, remove reference to 1.3 importing multiple files from command line into the same Project, unless fixed before release (See Aim to for details).
- Release note for loss of second imported track in Project after crash or loss of entire Project if second track is edited. Unless this is fixed before release.
Current button text:
"Start and stop must be postive and greater than 0"
"Start and stop must be greater than 0"
Latency Shift Dialog
"Latency setting has caused the recorded audio to be hidden before zero.\n I have brought it back to start at zero.\nYou may have to use the Time Shift Tool (<---> or F5) to drag the track to the right place."), _("Latency problem"), wxOK);
'I' to 'Audacity'.
Comments: Whatever we decide, we should be consistent throughout Audacity. My vote is 'Audacity' not 'I' in all such cases. James 02:09, 27 September 2007 (PDT)
Default temporary directory :
Auto save interval:
"Auto save every [ ] minutes"
None if [MM] changes autosave to strict interval saving as per aim-to. Wording needs changing if strict interval saving not implemented. Suggested would be "Auto Save interval" (fudge).
Interface tab Behaviors
"Quit Audacity upon closing last window"
"Closing last window starts new empty Project"
This would remove user confusion with this Preference BUT means reversing the checkbox mapping. An alternative (better than what we have now): "any close/exit command quits Audacity completely".
"Circular track keyboard navigation"
"Move Track Focus cycles perpetually through tracks"