From Audacity Wiki
|Automation Progress: Wikibot
- Got feet wet with PyWikibot.
- Use Python 3.6, as 2.7.x has unicode issues with some scripts. On wiki use special pages to set up a bot password. Authentication set up and working.
- PyWikibot upload2:
- Now can upload multiple image files 'whilst having a coffee'. Over 100 image files uploaded. No longer necessary to baby sit.
- Pywikibot replace:. 'fixes' are their term for patterns used to make changes.
- Custom fixes added for replacing spans and lists with our equivalent templates.
- Custom fix done to introduce i18n template in place of the flags. Script ran through 1068 pages, once to replace and once to consolidate running for 8 hours in total.
- Examples and comments in PyWikibot replace are in Hungarian.
- Getting the fixes working right is mostly about correct escaping. You must use r strings, and it is vital to escape [ ] | ( ) characters.
- For our use we typically need the (.*?) weak repetition in wildcards rather than strong.