|Audacity is the result of work by volunteers developing, translating, documenting and helping users.
||Develop||Translate||Support other Users|
Those Links Again...
Other ways you can contribute...
In the longer term future we may need an update to graphics for Audacity itself, and for our main website and wikis. Someone with graphics skills could help us achieve visual consistency across the application and our sites. We would need a graphic designer with an eye for the whole picture who can help with improving Audacity's graphics in a systematic way.
We need help with campaigns:
- Audacity took part in GSoC (Google Summer of Code) in 2008 and 2009. We always need help planning for future participation, from getting ready to run a GSoC, to alerting potential students to the opportunity, to co-ordinating development during GSoC itself.
- We're considering being part of the next Google Code-in Contest (an open source development and outreach contest targeted at 13-18 year old students around the world).
- Audacity language learning initiative. This is a plan to develop an ecosystem of language learning tools around Audacity. Part of the plan involves building better links with the rockbox project so that Audacity can author audio in structured formats that assists language learners. This was talked about briefly at the 2008 GSoC mentor summit, but has not progressed beyond that.
- We had a go at campaigns to bring in more developers. As you probably can see, we could have done better :-)
- Here is a proposed "Audacity Needs You!" page for the main Audacity website. The intention was to put it in a high traffic area - but it seemed a bit too gung-ho.
- There was also a landing page, "Audacity Sounds Great" for free developer recruitment FLOSS adverts provided by stackoverflow.
- We also thought better developer documentation would also help us. Our guides for compiling Audacity could do with streamlining. The relative difficulty of compiling Audacity on Mac and Windows is one barrier to more users getting involved in the development process.
Ideas? Want to Contact Us?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Here are various ways to contact us.