Pending website changes
| The text on this page should only be modified by subscribers to Audacity-devel mailing list.
To understand what this page is for and how it is used, please join that list or read the list archives on Sourceforge.
See also the Website Project for site development, graphic design discussion and big-improvement discussion (on talk page). This page is intended for fixes and corrections. This is for the (new in Nov 2015) Wordpress website at . The P1's etc are only a rough and ready indicator.
- No Download button on the home page that serves the correct download for the detected platform.
- Page anchors do not take into account the top navbar if present, so load the page somewhere below the intended target.
- No ability to subscribe to news of new releases. We used to give a clunky link to subscribe yourself on the -announce list, but now there is no link and no replacement ability to learn of new releases.
- The logo on black does not look as good as on white.
- No Copyright or Privacy links in footer. So our own copyright page http://audacityteam.org/copyright/ is hard to find. If we ever create a copyright FAQ with answers for [email protected] questions, we would link to that FAQ on the copyright page.
- Google+ in footer gets us to the right page, but still needs a header change. (no impact on user)
- No way for editors to see changes to all pages in one place, analogous to MediaWiki "Recent Changes".
- No ohloh button in footer. ohloh badge is bad for SEO as it is served very slowly indeed.
- Ads are being experimented with, as a widget.
Broken Internal Links (typically P1)
i.e. links to sites we control
Other audacityteam pages
- We now have daily automatically updated doxy files pulled from GitHub repo.
Change needed: Should be completely updated then an automated system put in place to keep it updated.
- "Sponsor us" / sponsorship links removed.
- RSS feeds fail W3C validation and show empty due to registered trademark in our site title.
- No working Donate button. Donate button is now embedded in Donate page but is not using the former key pair encryption.
- Link to announcements list subscription on audacityteam.org was broken after mailman upgrade "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.16".
- About/Credits lacked Robert Hänggi (author of Vocal Reduction and Isolation). Now added there and in "About Audacity" in the app.
- Blanket wrapping of text within words which looks terrible: Believed fixed along the lines of https://wordpress.org/support/topic/turn-off-auto-hyphenation-in-twentytwelve-theme
- The i18ln FAQ only has the questions. Yikes! Will fix by directing to old site. (Nov 2015)
- old.audacityteam.org used for past release announcements is a broken link (until Buanzo does the DNS dance). (Nov 2015)
- Instructions for installing plug-ins still say restart, rather than "use plug-in manager". (Nov 2015)
- All Pages in left sidebar is confusing (harder to find downloads). (Nov 2015)
- Audacity 2.1.1vi for Mac not mentioned (Nov 2015)
- No Translate button (yet) (Nov 2015)
- 2.1.2 announce is out of date. (Nov 2015)
- 2.1.2 download win10 text needs rewrite. (Nov 2015)
- Wordpress doesn't like the download_spacer.png file used in the donwload page. Thinks it's not there. (Nov 2015)
- No cc-by in footer. (Nov 2015)
- Nyquist plug-ins page https://web.audacityteam.org/download/nyquistplugins - main contents moved to Download Nyquist Plug-ins. The main website still hosts the plug-in pages, zip files and MP3 clips. (Jan 2102)
- https://web.audacityteam.org/community/donate moved to its own tab at https://web.audacityteam.org/donate (Jan 2012).
cleared out older entries Nov 2015