Proposal Zoom Toggle
|Proposal pages help us get from feature requests into actual plans. This page is a proposals for adding two Zoom presets that a user can toggle between.|
Proposal pages are used on an ongoing basis by the Audacity development team and are open to edits from visitors to the wiki. They are a good way to get community feedback on a proposal.
- Note: Proposals for Google Summer of Code projects are significantly different in structure, are submitted via Google's web app and may or may not have a corresponding proposal page.
- Two zoom presets that are saved in prefs.
- User can switch between them (Zoom-Toggle) with a single keystroke.
- No key is bound to Zoom-Toggle by default.
- The Zoom-Toggle command also appears in the View->Zoom Menu.
Each time Zoom-Toggle is clicked, Audacity switches to the zoom level most different to the current zoom level. Thus if you press it repeatedly you will alternate between two preset zoom levels. You can choose those two levels as zoom presets in prefs.
- ..add a Zoom Toggle button to the Edit Toolbar.
- ..do some of Proposal_new_Zoom_Toolbar, e.g. by splitting off a new toolbar.
- James Crook
- Users using repair effect to make many repairs. Frequent zoom in and zoom out.
- Rather than numerical presets, the proposal is to offer descriptive presets.
- Zoom to Fit
- Zoom to Selection
- Minutes - scale good for viewing minutes of audio.
- Seconds - scale good for viewing seconds of audio.
- MilliSeconds - scale good for viewing milliseconds of audio.
- Samples - 1 pixel per sample
- 4 Pixels per Sample - 4 pixels per sample.
- Max Zoom
A possible design for the Zoom-Toggle button would show two magnifying glasses.