Release Notes 3.0.2
|Audacity 3.0.2 was released on 19th Apr 2021.
audacity-win-3.0.2.exe (application/x-msdownload) - 29534144 bytes SHA-256 2fa8e586a339d9da8dcf49c21f4cd1cbaa24691b1dcc0d02f6c9f451ac8bea47 audacity-macos-3.0.2.dmg (n/a) - 41554455 bytes SHA-256 57895aad20a5512aeb44d1ab5b7d01a68a5303d4225351528f377eb7686f281e audacity-minsrc-3.0.2.tar.xz (n/a) - 13330160 bytes SHA-256 728d6459931da006ed45a31e63b7fe6ca47a2547459a2aff3bf0880cef85c296 audacity-win-3.0.2.zip (application/x-zip-compressed) - 12588153 bytes SHA-256 00b8f65fdffc6f213362bd01bb21e3c47f1b5cdf99b4fc5c8c0dd92a41e590e0 audacity-manual-3.0.2.zip (application/x-zip-compressed) - 23254582 bytes SHA-256 5078ebf5c34af71abe60178b319cc6e6aae2e0d510bc400981e0899795ca362f
Changes and improvements since previous version
Audacity 3.0.2 replaces all previous versions.
- Over 30 bugs fixed since 3.0.0
Full details of new features in the visual guide to New Features in 3.0.2
- Audacity 3.0.2 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.0.1 does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
- Audacity 3.0.2 is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- There are legacy versions for older OS X at http://audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Audacity may compile on Gentoo, Debian, Mint.
- Audacity does not currently compile on SuSE Linux.
We probably track more bugs than you are interested in...
We used to have a separate page with a dynamic buglist for each version, but nowadays we recommend instead to visit our bugzilla instance for current bug status.
We do use this detail in our own QA work.
Below are listed what we believe are the most common and important issues with 3.0.2 for most users.
macOS Big Sur
- Less of Audacity is properly accessible to visually impaired users than we would like. Currently the best supported platform for accessibility is Windows. We lost a lot of custom accessibility programming when we had to move to a more recent version of the wxWidgets library.
- Audacity is only partially translated in many languages. We also have some issues, for example, with Right-To-Left Languages.
Selected Bugzilla-Tracked Bugs
|ID||P||Status||Summary (6 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|2705||P2||NEW||Linux: Interface issues with GTK3||2705|
|2452||P2||NEW||Enh: De-clutter Plug-in Manager||2452|
|2700||P2||RESOLVED||"Failed to open the project database"||2700|
|2361||P3||NEW||Linux: High-dpi displays are not supported||2361|
|2565||P3||NEW||Mac: AU instruments may be installed but do not work||2565|
|2732||P3||RESOLVED||Faux recovery offered on launch (very moonphase)||2732|
- Click on the bug numbers to see work done on these bugs.