Release Notes 3.1
From Audacity Wiki
|Audacity 3.1 was released on xx xx xxxx
Changes and improvements since previous version
Audacity 3.1 replaces all previous versions. New features include
- Clip Handles
- Spectral Editing
- Source Separation
Audacity is for Windows, Mac and Linux desktop machines. There is no version of Audacity for Android or iPhone.
- Audacity 3.1 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.1 does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 3.1 is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- There are legacy versions for older OS X at http://audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/.
- In addition to the traditional update path via package managers, Audacity 3.0.3 and onwards are distributed as an AppImage. The AppImage gets updated at the same time as the Windows and macOS versions, so if you collaborate with users on those platforms, you may want to use the AppImage over your distribution's package manager.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.