- This page (as was) will remain in the planned "Legacy Wiki", as it contains legacy material - but most of it (maybe all) will need pruning in the planned "Current Wiki" as it seems to contain no 2.0.5 material.
Steve 12May14: I would suggest either we delete this page entirely from the current wiki, or, if we want to invite multi-lingual tutorials for Audacity 2.x, we replace each landing page with a note (in the appropriate language) to the effect of:
- There are currently no tutorials for Audacity 2.x in [language]. If you wish to contribute tutorials in your local language, please write to us (in English) with your proposal: feedback address.
Deletion is of course the easier option, and better than retaining fragments of obsolete information.
- Gale 13May14: I think probably Steve's idea is best, though I suggest only retaining this page which would be the call for translators. The call however should probably mention the Manual as first priority for translation, then second priority as translating Wiki pages that are linked to in the Manual.
If we have just one page, we would have all usable links on this page in their own div for the language. We must remember to include links to the four localised Forum boards and to the other Forums listed on the locale's page e.g. Orkut for Brazilian Portuguese. Recreated individual localised pages would want to be grouped somehow with a localised suffix, prefix or category. Translators tell me they prefer a prefix e.g. http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/es/MP3.
- Peter 10Jun14: I implemented Steve's Plan, replacing the links to the out-of-date tutorials with calls in local-language for local-language tutorials - and added links to the local-language forum sections as Gale suggested. Removed the P1
- Gale 18Jun14: I added links to localised Audacity forums for French and Brazilian Portuguese. Please check if there are any others (from the flag links on the front page) and if so, add the forum links in the section I created on this page. After that I suggest you repoint all those front page flags to this page rather than link to the obsolete localised pages.
- Peter 20Jun14: Done - removed the P2