From Audacity Wiki
|Proposal pages help us get from feature requests into actual plans. This proposal page is about|
Proposal pages are used on an ongoing basis by the Audacity development team and are open to edits from visitors to the wiki. They are a good way to get community feedback on a proposal.
- Note: Proposals for Google Summer of Code projects are significantly different in structure, are submitted via Google's web app and may or may not have a corresponding proposal page.
- What is the purpose of the feature? -
- What are the relative importances of the different features in it? (this is used to justify having a large button, a small button or just a menu item, for example) -
- Does the feature have modes, and if so how easy are the modes to get out of? (stuck in a mode) -
- Does the feature have invalid states that can be greyed out? -
- What is the factorisation of the feature? (e.g. pin/unpin can operate on its own, independent of scrub/seek). -
- What are the justifications for 'novelty' in the design? (e.g. RSI free operation, lack-of-precision in conventional sliders). -
- Is VI use integral? (e.g. labels added a label editor dialog, essential for VI, useful for non ). -
- James Crook