Gale 13Jun08, 18:55 UTC: Jan, Thanks for all the reports you have been making. As I said before, we will try and at least review them and see if we can replicate them (and I see Michael posted a patch for one of them - "open file dialog wider than screen") but our priority would only be on anything which would be at least a P3 on the Release Checklist, and realistically many of those will have to wait until after GSoC. Here are some ideas:
- Put at the top of your user page your operating systems(s), RAM, CPU speed and so on, so you don't have to keep repeating it (at least here)
- Maybe keep new feature/improvement ideas separate: anything useful that we pick up could be noted at Release checklist not aiming for 1.4.
- Try and make a bug report like in Release Checklist: a one sentence headline, then if needed another couple of sentences that explain more, and/or a series of short steps to replicate.
- If it helps, make another page "Jan's draft bug reports" or similar to organise things, but I don't think we want separate pages on the Wiki appearing for individual issues, because they could proliferate and get forgotten, then never get cleaned up. Maybe you would like to keep this draft page for relatively minor "interface" type of issues, and James or I will see it anyway. You could possibly make a similar separate page to organise feature/improvement ideas.
Don't hesitate to report anything that looks if it might be a serious P1 issue to devel list! And thanks again for your interest and your help on the Forum. - Gale
- James 03:16, 19 June 2008 (PDT) I've struck-out the "don't hesitate" line since it was causing problems with swamping Audacity-devel with poorly organised non P1 issues.